What can I do if I sign in to Live Search?
420 views |
Last updated on Jan 20, 2017
Here are a few of the benefits you gain when you are signed in to Live Search:
- You can search the library catalogue and access online resources.
- You can save items from your results list to your e-Shelf (embed link to ‘what is e-shelf) by clicking on the small star in front of the title.
You can also save search queries that you have performed, for future use. You do this by click on ‘Save query’ which is found on the top left hand side.
- Set alerts for your queries. You can set a query to become an alert, that is, to run automatically and send you email notification once it locates new items answering your search criteria. This can be done by clicking on ‘Save query’ then completing the pop-up window.
- Access external licensed resources off campus. The library provides access to expensive full text resources, wherever you are.
- Place recalls and make requests.