How do I renew my books?
298 views |
Last updated on Sep 17, 2018
- University Staff and Registered Students
- The Library system will auto-renew all your eligible loans seven days before they are due.
- This will happen early in the morning. An email will be sent to your university email account to let you know if the renewal has not been successful.
- Items that have not been renewed must be returned by the due date, otherwise you will be fined.
- Fines for overdue recalled items will remain at £1 per day, per item.
- There is a limit of 14 renewals and once that is reached the items must be returned to the library to prove you have not lost or damaged the item.
- Short loan (24 hours and 3 days loans) are exempt and will not be automatically renewed.
- Recalls - Books can be recalled at any time. You might get a recall notice from the library, even if you’ve only had the book for a few days. In this case, the original due date will be cancelled and the notification will contain a revised return date. It is important to check e-mails regularly / every day to avoid being fined.
Please note: If your library fine exceeds £10 or you have an overdue recalled item (an item requested by another user), your books will not automatically renew.
- External Borrowers including LINC y Gogledd and Sconul Access members
- If you need to keep your loans for a longer period, you can renew your books at any time, provided that another reader has not made a request for your books, you have no unpaid overdue charges or there is a problem with your library membership.
- You can renew your books, manage your account, view holds and unpaid charges by signing in to Library Search. You will need to consult a member of library staff to set up a password first.
- Once you have had a password created, click on the Sign in link in the top right hand corner and sign in as Other Users using your library card number as your User ID and password
- You can also renew your own loans using the self-service machines, at a library service desk or by telephoning the Library desk on (01248 382983). Remember that you will need your library card for this. Please click here for more information
Renewal requests should never be e-mailed, as we cannot guarantee to read your message in time to prevent overdue charges being applied to your account.