What is the Reserve and Read Service and how do I book a study space during the coronavirus crisis?
711 views |
Last updated on Nov 09, 2020
This service is available to allow users access to material that can’t be borrowed such as journals, theses and microfilms. The Main Library will have a small number of bookable, socially distanced study spaces reserved for this specific purpose. You can also book access to the Assistive Technology Room through this service also.
To book a study space, please email email@example.com with details of the items you wish to consult or facility you wish to use and we will contact you to arrange a suitable time to come in along with an agreed time slot. Time slots are available from 10am and close at 4pm Monday to Friday.
- Face Coverings - You must wear a face covering at all times when in the library building **(unless exempt, see list below)
- Access - You will need to bring your Student/Staff ID card with you to access the Main Library.
- Ventilation - Due to the need to keep spaces well ventilated, the windows will remain open, so please make sure you have warm clothing.
- Refreshments - Bring water with you as the vending and water machines are not available.
- Print, Copy, Scan - Machines are available for printing, copying and scanning. Please buy credits online at https://papercut.bangor.ac.uk/user. You are kindly asked to clean the photocopier before and after use.
- Toilets - Toilets, including disabled access toilets, are available for use within the building. Please follow the guidance provided onsite.
- One Way Systems – There are one way systems in place for safe navigation around buildings. Please follow directional signage where displayed.
- Social Distancing – This is in force for the Reserve and Read service and must be observed.
- Provision of Gel and Wipes - Hand sanitiser will be available in the Reading Room. Please use on arrival. There will also be cleaning stations in the Reading Room. You are kindly asked to clean your study space on arrival and departure to ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Enhanced Cleaning – Staff from Property and Campus Services are increasing cleaning on site, including frequent cleaning of touch points through the day.
- Book Quarantine - All returned books will be quarantined for 72 hours after use to reduce risk of virus transmission.
**Reasons for not wearing a face covering are set out in the Welsh Government guidance and would include:
- Those who cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness / disability-related reasons
- Those who will be caused severe distress by putting on, wearing or removing a face covering
- Providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading to communicate
- To avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others to avoid injury, or to escape a risk of harm
- To eat or drink
- To take medication
There is no requirement for people to provide proof that they are exempt from wearing a face covering but they may wish to download an e-card from Gov.uk which can be used from their phone.