Can I return my books during the Coronavirus crisis?
450 views |
Last updated on Nov 26, 2020
You do not currently have to return any books, however, if you do wish to return your loans you may leave them in the book return bins situated in:
- Main Arts Library foyer available for returns from 9:00am to 9:00pm Monday to Friday - Sunday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
- Adeilad Deiniol Library available for returns from 8:30am to 9:00pm Monday to Friday - Weekends 12:00pm to 8:00pm (Card swipe access only)
- Normal Site Library - Books can be returned at the book bin outside the library
- Wrexham Maelor Library - Books can be returned at the book bin outside the library
- Halls Office at Ffriddoedd Site available from 9:00am to 5:00pm weekly
- Halls Office at St. Mary’s Site available 24/7
** Please Note: All books returned to the red return bins are quarantined for 72 hours after return. They will be cleared from your library account once the 72 hour quarantine period has been served.
Not returning to campus this year?
We know that you’ve been wondering about how you are going to return your books to the Library. We are now able to tell you about our new FREEPOST service to get your books back to the Library. Thank you for taking good care of them for us over the summer.
We have set up a Royal Mail FREEPOST service which will allow you to take your books to your nearest Post Office and send them back to us free of charge.
There are a few simple steps to follow:
- Please carefully wrap your books up to avoid any damage and to ensure they will reach us securely. Depending on the size and weight of your books, you may need to make up more than one parcel. Each parcel should weight no more than 20kg and be no larger than the dimensions below:
Visit the web address: www.royalmail.com/track-my-return/create/3911 and, if possible, please print off the Freepost label and stick this to your parcel. If you don't have a printer, copy the QR code from the Freepost label to your mobile phone instead. You will also be sent an email with a copy of the label including the QR code.
- Take your parcel to your nearest Post Office. If you haven't been able to print the return label, show them the QR code and they will print it for you.
- The Freepost books will be returned to the University within 48 hours. Please note that they will remain on your Library account until our Library staff are able to return them to our stock, this could take up to a week due to quarantine periods for book returns. However, they will continue to automatically renew until they are back in stock, so you will not be fined.
We hope that you find this process simple and hassle free. If you are unable to return the books to us via this method or if you have any questions please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org